Carol’s Daughter Sisterhood Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
1. PROMOTION: The Carol’s Daughter Sisterhood Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts on December 4, 2023, at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at 11:59 PM ET on January 31, 2024 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico) and the District of Columbia who at time of entry are at least twenty-one (21) years of age, or the age of majority in their state, whichever is older (the “Entrant”). Void where prohibited. Employees (and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Carol’s Daughter, Consumer Products Division of L’Oreal USA Inc. (“Sponsor”), Fandango Media, LLC (“Fandango”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (“Warner Bros.”), SoPost Inc. (“Administrator”) and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry. During the Sweepstakes Period: Organic and Promoted Ad (“Promoted Ad”): 1) log into Facebook or Instagram; 2) on either site you may be served an organic or promoted ad. If the ad appears, click on the link in the ad and complete and submit the official entry form. Website: Go to
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional communications. Consenting is optional and is not required to participate in the Sweepstakes and will not improve your chances of winning.
4. DRAWING: One hundred (100) First Prize Potential Winners and one (1) Grand Prize Potential Winner (each a “Potential Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing held on or about February 10, 2024 from all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit of one (1) prize per Potential Winner for entire Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified on or about March 1, 2024 by Sponsor via email. Potential Winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Winner, Potential Winner does not respond to Sponsor’s communication with 48 hours from time of contact for any reason, or a Potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. If a Potential Winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
6. PRIZES: There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one-hundred (100) Instant Prize Winners,
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Potential Winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana in July 2024, selection of Carol’s Daughter product and the opportunity to be featured in a Carol’s Daughter social post. Trip consists of two (2) roundtrip, economy class air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence to New Orleans, Louisiana, four (4) days and three (3) night standard hotel accommodations (two (2) rooms, single occupancy), ground transportation to/from home to airport and airport to/from hotel, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is up to $4,900.00. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Actual value of may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Trip date will be determined by Sponsor and Potential Winner must attend during that date or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to not award prize to Potential Winner if Potential Winner engages in activities that do not, or have the potential not to, align with Sponsor’s values, or if Potential Winner acts in a disruptive manner, or with the effect to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or in any other objectionable behavior, any and all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
INSTANT WIN PRIZES (100): On or about every Friday, beginning with December 15, 2023 and ending February 2, 2024, fifteen (15) Instant Win Prizes will be awarded for a total of one hundred (100) Instant Win Prizes, each consisting of: Two (2) Fandango Promo Codes, each good toward one (1) Movie Ticket* to see The Color Purple. The ARV all Instant Win Prizes is $3,000.00. The ARV of all prizes is $7,900.00.
*Each Instant Winner will receive (2) two Fandango Promotional Codes (“Code”) via email. Each Code is good towards the purchase of one (1) movie ticket (up to $15 total ticket price and associated fees and charges) to see The Color Purple at Fandango partner theaters in the US. Code is void if not redeemed by 2/25/24 or when The Color Purple is no longer in theaters, whichever comes first. Only valid for purchase of movie tickets made at Fandango.com or via the Fandango app and cannot be redeemed directly at any theater box office. If lost or stolen, cannot be replaced. No cash value, except as required by law. Void where prohibited. Not valid with any other offer. Offer valid in U.S. and D.C., excluding U.S. territories and where prohibited by law. One-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. If cost of movie ticket and associated fees and charges is more than maximum value of the Code, then user must pay the difference. Any price difference between movie ticket purchased and maximum value of the Code will not be refunded. Approximate Retail Value of each Code (“ARV”): $15 USD. Limit two (2) Codes per person. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC or its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this Sweepstakes and are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes. The redemption of the Code is subject to Fandango’s Terms and Policies at www.fandango.com/terms-and-policies. FANDANGO and the Fandango Logo are registered trademarks of Fandango Media, LLC.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: (a) Social Media: The Grand Prize Winner agrees that as a condition to receiving any of the above-mentioned prizes, the Grand Prize Winner shall participate in a content-capture (the date, time, location and duration of which will be determined by Sponsor in its reasonable discretion, subject to the Grand Prize Winner’s prior, professional obligations) whereby Sponsor will create photographs, video recordings, screenshots, and otherwise recordings, in digital or analogue formats (the “Recordings”). In connection with Sponsor’s use of the Recordings, The Grand Prize Winner, by entering into this Sweepstakes, hereby grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, transferrable, assignable, sublicensable, royalty-free, right and license to use, for six (6) months upon Sponsor’s first public use of the Recordings, Grand Prize Winner’s name, nickname, moniker, sobriquet, initials, signature, social media name, photograph, likeness, image, speech, voice, facial expressions, interviews in which I may participate, videos of me or in which Grand Prize Winner may appear, and/or biographical information and statements (collectively, the “Indicia”), for any purpose whatsoever, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised. The Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Grand Prize Winner does not own any rights, including copyrights, in the aforesaid Recordings, and the Grand Prize Winner hereby waives any right to approve the Recordings, portions of the Recordings, or any derivative works thereof, or the final form and context of the use of the Recordings and the Indicia as incorporated therein. Grand Prize Winner hereby releases and discharge on behalf of the Grand Prize Winner, and Grand Prize Winner’s heirs, executors, administrators, successors, or assigns, Sponsor from any and all claims and demands whatsoever arising out of or in connection with Sponsor’s use of the Recordings, or portions thereof, and Sponsor’s exercise of the rights Grand Prize Winner is granting herein, whether known or unknown, including, without limitation any and all claims relating to rights of privacy or publicity, defamation, libel, false light, copyright, moral rights, and any other intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights that I may be afforded by any applicable statute, law or regulation in any way relating to the foregoing, unless prohibited by law
b) Release: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, illegible or postage-due mail, entries or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the Potential Winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, Fandango, Warner Bros., Administrator and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. Each winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. SPONSOR:Carol’s Daughter, Consumer Products Division of L’Oreal USA Inc, 10 Hudson Yards, New York NY 10001
12. ADMINISTRATOR: SoPost Inc., 611 Broadway, Suite 430, New York City, New York 10012
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes.
The Color Purple © 2023 Warner Bros. Ent. Inc. All Rights Reserved.
FANDANGO and the Fandango Logo are registered trademarks of Fandango Media, LLC.