A ponytail has always been the perfect go-to hairstyle for any festival, but braid in a piece of leather ribbon—and you’ve designed a Festival look that’s Instagram-worthy. Not only does it give your natural hair an easy style, it works on all curly hair. Add in some glitzy hardware, and you’ve got the perfect style for any art or music festival. Read on to find out how to create this chic ponytail look.
- Cupuaçu Anti-Frizz Smoothing Shampoo
- Cupuaçu Anti-Frizz Smoothing Hair Mask
- Marguerite’s Magic Restorative Cream
- Hair Elastic
- Black Vanilla Edge Control Smoother
- Gold hardware
- Black leather ribbon
- White leather ribbon
1. Start by washing and conditioning hair with the Cupuaçu Anti-Frizz Smoothing Shampoo and Hair Mask. Both contain Cupuaçu—a rare butter from the Amazon Rain Forest—that works to create silky, frizz-free hair.
2. Apply a quarter-size amount of the Marguerite’s Magic Restorative Cream and comb throughout to add shine and manageability to the hair.
3. Starting at the top of the head, part the hair and create four half cornrow braids.
4. Gather the rest of the hair (including the braids) and create a high ponytail. Use the Black Vanilla Edge Control Smoother onto both sides of the ponytail and edges to smooth frizz and add extra hold.
5. Add gold hardware onto the braids.
6. Tie the black leather ribbon onto the base of the ponytail. Braid the white leather ribbon into the ponytail, using the end of the strap to secure. Throw on your shades and get ready to have a blast listening to your favorite artists.