Get The Look: Trendy Twist-Out Updo
1. Start with a pre-moisturizing treatment to treat dry strands. Part your hair vertically and horizontally and then apply our Lisa’s Hair Elixir
to both the scalp and onto your strands. Massage into the scalp and let sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse.
2. Then, wash your hair with our Black Vanilla Moisturizing Shampoo
and follow up by applying our Black Vanilla Moisturizing Hair Smoothie
to your hair. Use a wide tooth comb to better disperse the product through your strands and aid with detangling. Rinse and blot dry your hair with a towel.
3. Next, squeeze out a dollop of our Hair Balm
and smooth all over of your hair. This lightweight moisturizer will add shine and manageability to your strands making it easier to twist.
4. Now it’s time to do your twist outs! Taking a section of your hair (feel free to part the hair with a comb first if you like) split it into two and twist straight down (not out). You can avoid puffiness by keeping your fingers close together while twisting. Once you get to the end, twirl the ends with your index finger to make them stay together. (You can also use perm rods to make the ends of your twists better adhere to each other.)
5. Go through and twist the entire head. Use a spray bottle of water to spritz your hair while twisting if it becomes too dry.
6. You’re now ready to put on a headscarf while you catch some sleep! In the morning when you awake, untwist your hair and gently massage your scalp to better blend the hair so your parts don’t show.
7. Then, gather your hair in the back and twist up (much like how you would when creating a french roll) until you get close to the top of the head. Secure the twist up with bobby pins and fluff the top part of your hair.
8. Finish off this style by spritzing on some of our Macadamia Finishing Shine Mist
for additional shine.
HAVE A QUESTION FOR ONE OF OUR EXPERTS? ASK IT HERE.